Sunday, January 9, 2011

Productive Day

Wow, did we have a productive day!

Nate and I, but mostly Nate, built the shelving for my greenhouse and now all it lacks is electricity. That's a pending project for the future, but it sure is nice to have a space to start seeds. And it's been nice and toasty in there each day, so I think we chose a good spot. Thanks, honey for your hard work! You did a fantastic job as usual.



Yesterday, a friend and her sister stopped by to see the rabbits, and I found out her sister is a spinner and a member of the local fiber guild. My meeting her yesterday was perfect timing as the guild was having its monthly meeting today, so I went to check it out. There were probably about 8-10 ladies there with spinning wheels and several others just knitting. It was fascinating to watch them spin on the wheels and see the yarn develop. And, I was blessed to get my first spinning lesson on a drop spindle. Thanks, Donald for the lesson and for lending me a drop spindle. My first spinning effort is very interesting to say the least, thin and fat, twisted too tight and some not enough. You can see my craftsmanship below. LOL! I had a blast, and I always love to learn a new skill. I'm already looking forward to next month.



It's a great day when you can look back on it and be happy with what you accomplished or learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment