Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Backyard Homestead, Finally



I have been coveting this book for over a year now, and it's finally on my bookshelf! I browse through it every time I go to the bookstore. The best part is I only paid $2.88 with tax for it. Between a coupon and rewards program money, I got it for a song.

It covers everything from vegetable gardens to cheesemaking to raising livestock. It seems to me to be a great starting point for anyone interested in homesteading, especially for those who only have 1/10 to 1/2 an acre. It focuses on utilizing the land efficiently and productively to get the most out of the property.

I can't wait to really sit down and start reading.

Anonymous: If you are reading this, you are in trouble now! You know who you are. Get your hammer ready. LOL!

Happy homesteading,


Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment