Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All I Want for Christmas...........

is a greenhouse. Well, I've wanted one for my birthday, last Christmas, and any holiday for that matter. I have been collecting old windows for this purpose, but just can't get Nate motivated to tackle the job. Working out the framework for different sized windows would be a nightmare, he says. I was promised a greenhouse this fall, and it's now winter. So, I've compromised because I've lost patience. We bought a greenhouse kit today and leveled out a pad for it. The chickens had a blast eating the worms that surfaced. The greenhouse is actually going in a temporary location for now, or at least I hope it's temporary. We have bigger plans for it in the coming months, but they aren't definite, so for now, we will work with what we have.

Oh, and I broke in my muck boots and had a blast myself playing in the dirt!

Happy homesteading,


Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment