Saturday, April 21, 2012

Playtime

One thing that is important to me is giving the rabbits an opportunity to exercise and play.  The old chicken run is the perfect arena for playtime.  Jack always has the best time when I put him in the run.  He frisks about and bucks like a little rodeo broncho.  He ricochets himself off the wall, and runs laps of utter joy.  But, his favorite activity by far is digging holes.  He never digs too deep, but even if he did, the whole run is surrounded by buried chicken wire and bricks.  He's not going anywhere, so I let him dig to his heart's content.  He is such a wonderful rabbit with the best personality.  Here are some photos I snapped yesterday.  If you want to see a close-up of a photo, just click on it and a slideshow will pop up.  Enjoy!



















Happy homesteading,


Candace

10 comments:

  1. I don't know much about rabbits. Why do they dig holes like that? He sure looks like he's having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In nature, they would dig a hole to hide from a predator or to stay cool in the summer or warm in the winder. He has a blast when he's in the run.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely when animals get to do what they do naturally. Happiness all around. Stevie@ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Happiness for him and for me! He never got to run around like that at his previous home. He was in a cage with three other rabbits 24/7.

      Delete
  3. He looks so happy! Handsome fellow. I have to say that of the rabbits I've had, the bucks always had the best personalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more. He is a handsome fellow. Both of my bucks have great personalities, and my does are tempermental, especially Bunny.

      Delete
  4. haha he sure does look like he's having a blast! I love the name Jack, thats my browndogs name too. AND i love that you take in animals, isn't so amazing what love can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a happy boy for sure. I don't necessarily "take in" animals like a rescue, but many of the animals we have were bought from less than desirable places in an effort to give them a better life. A little love and attention makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  5. He is a cute bunny! I hope to get a rabbit soon. I think we will make a chicken run like that first :) I had a very special rabbit when I was little- he was best friends with our husky/shepard cross. They would hang out in our yard together everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That run in the picture has been a great investment first for chickens and now for rabbits. I look forward to seeing what kind of bunny you get.

      Delete