Monday, February 14, 2011

Spinning

Yesterday was my local fiber guild's meeting and my second attendance.  I really enjoyed going and was pleased to meet a sweet girl who raises goats, sheep, chickens and pigs.  I spent most of my time at the meeting discussing her farm with her.  I aspire to having a farm one day, so discussing hers was right up my alley!  I also touched base with my spinning teacher, and he showed me how to card wool and sent me home with some practice wool to card and spin.  I'm excited to give it a try.  I also came home with a pillowcase full of raw wool, a freebie.  It is straight off the animal, so it will be a great learning tool to take fiber from its virgin state to hopefully some passable yarn.  Last night Nate called me into the bedroom, and we found our Boo Cat in the pillowcase enjoying the warmth and comfort of the wool.  She's such a sweetie.  Nate thought he was taking a picture, but the camera was on video, so you get to here us sound like idiots too; it's pretty funny!  Enjoy!





Happy homesteading,


Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment