Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring and Rabbit Love

Spring is springing around here!  The daffodils and forsythia are blooming, and the day lilies are peeking their foliage up through the dirt.  I can see buds popping on everything from the peach tree to the blueberry bushes.  It has been a lovely 70ish degrees during the day and 40-50 degrees at night.  Not was much sun as I would like, but I'll take what I can get.  We always get another cold snap before April, so I'm hoping the buds won't pop and get damaged with a freeze.

The seedlings in the greenhouse are coming along nicely.  Due to my past failure at starting seeds, I over planted this year and am now overloaded with seedlings.  It's due to the greenhouse, I know.  I have over 30 tomato seedlings!  Yikes.  Although I would love to plant them all, I just don't have the room.  A co-worker is going to buy some from me, so if there is anyone else locally who wants to buy some heirloom tomato seedlings in about a month, let me know.  I may have some to sell, including Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra, Orange Banana, Black from Tula, Black Cherry, and Pink Ponderosa.  Ditto for huckleberries and maybe some other stuff.

We mated Blue Moon and Olivia last week, and let me tell you he didn't waste any time.  He was on her like a crack addict at a crack buffet.  Of course, he got on the wrong end, and then he approached from the side.  Then, Olivia got on him to show him which end was correct.  We finally had to place him on the correct end, and the deed was done.  Being a young buck and with Olivia being so furry all over, I'm sure he was confused and just needed some guidance.  Anyway, we may have some kits in about 30 days and some for sale in about 90.  I'm excited but nervous.  I've never owned an animal who was pregnant, but Olivia has done this before, so I'm relying on her expertise and maternal instinct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment